Wednesday, December 21, 2011

It’s the Final Countdown!

(Insert inspirational music here) I leave home in T-minus 36 hours for the big trip to Asia. At the moment I am frantically trying to pack with lists etc in my endeavour to pack light but not forget anything. This hasn’t stopped me however from rushing to the shops every afternoon to pick up extra items (thank god for late night Christmas trading hours)

I’m at the stage where all I have left to do is throw things in my pack and hope the dog hasn’t relocated any of my gear without my noticing. I’m heading up to the Central Coast for Christmas with the fam for 3 days before leaving on a jet plane to wonderful Thailand and Cambodia for the “holiday” part of my trip. Then it’s off to Indonesia to work with a NGO. Everything is booked finally despite a few frustrating last minute set backs so hopefully it is all downhill from here.

I guess this is probably an appropriate stage to reflect on the year that was. Overall it consisted of countless plans going awry (trips to Burma etc not happening), a stressful 4 months trying to diagnose an ankle injury which resulted in me getting a reconstruction but this aside it was actually a fantastic year. Despite the fact I wasn’t technically playing soccer being involved again in the sport was great. I met a bunch of new people and became even closer to some of my old friends and generally had a lot of fun. A lot of my friends from college graduated this year which made me sad (and jealous) however I also got accepted into the Honours Program which is ridiculously scary but also exciting.

I had grand plans on how this would be a very insightful and deep post but to be honest my brain is absolutely fried. Maybe after a few days of chilling out I will have more to say. Until then, 1 more day left of work, need to finish packing but at least the Christmas shopping is done.

Hope you all have a wonderful Christmas

Courts x

No comments:

Post a Comment